Friday, November 5, 2010

Post-workout recovery pt.III: Recipes


For all you strict paleo fiends out there, here is a recipe that will sure satisfy the caveman (or cave-woman) in you. Excellent for easy post-excercise consumption. I know I love my gatorade, but this dish may begin to work its way into my post-workout regimen. Yeah, it's that good! Compliments of my friend Cary.

Sweet Potato Casserole
Ingredients:
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 cup of coconut milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla (almond or coconut works well too)
1 cup of crushed pecans (or any of your favorite nuts)
2 tsp of cinnamon


Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Boil sweet potatoes until you can easily slide a fork in and out or until they are pretty soft. You can also cook sweet potatoes in the microwave or oven, but I recommend boiling.
3. Combine the potatoes, coconut milk, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix until smooth
4. Place the mixture in a 9 x 9 casserole dish. Put pecans on top of the casserole and sprinkle the cinnamon on top (I also mix some cinnamon in with the other ingredients).
5. Bake in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes (35 is perfect in my oven).

1 comment:

  1. made this casserole for my families Thanksgiving!!! It was delish!! Thanks so much for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete