Friday, November 5, 2010

Post-workout recovery pt.III: Recipes (continued)


THANKSGIVING COMES EARLY


In addition to the previous post, throw a good heaping scoop of the sweet potato casserole in between two lean pieces of turkey/chicken breast/ham and you have a great protein + carbohydrate post-WOD meal. Depending on the factors discussed in our first "post-workout recovery" blog (intensity/duration/load or weight of your workout) you can add more or less turkey and sweet potato. It's up to you. Play with things and see what works best for you. Usually if your body feels pretty good the next day, you're on the right track. Give me some feedback and let me know what you guys think if you try it out.

2 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite sweet potato recipes! Yum! :)

    So I had never tried post-workout nutrition before... but I tried your Gatorade suggestion this week. Although I was a skeptic - I'm kind of amazed! After swearing I wouldn't be able to move the next day (and plenty of just plain swearing), I actually felt okay. You have made a believer out of me Mrs. Fields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristine,

    That brings a tear to my eye. Glad you are now a believer!

    ReplyDelete