Thursday, May 19, 2011

Avocado Pudding


A friend of mine just recently told me of Avocado Pudding. At first, I thought, that was a recipe disaster as the taste of avocados don’t seem lend itself to sweetness, in my opinion. But, when I saw the recipe, I was excited. It is a brilliant way to get good fat, healthy food, AND satisfy the sweet tooth all in one shot.

Here is a recipe I found on the Internet from Healthy Urban Kitchen:

1 avocado (medium sized, Hass) – use a very ripe one. Overripe is better than not ripe.
1 medium-large banana
2 TBS coconut milk
2-3 TBS Carob or Cacao powder (unsweetened)

Optional Ingredients:
a pinch of sea salt
a dash of cinnamon
a dash of cayenne
Sprinkle coconut on top

Preparation:
Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit. Scoop out the fruit into a food processor & banana, coconut milk and Carob or Cacao powder. Add other ingredients and blend together until completely silken in texture. Garnish with shredded coconut & serve chilled.

I am going to try this out. You experiment with it and let me know what your favorite way to make it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment