Friday, July 29, 2011

Grilled Summer Squash Caprese



I love this time of year. Fresh farm picked veggies & fruit AND the grill. As I was looking through some magazines, this recipe caught my eye. I love yellow squah and I love caprese salad. But together? I sounds wonderful. I am going to try this out tonight.



  • 3 pounds yellow summer squash (5 medium), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips

  • 5 TBSP olive oil

  • 1 tsp sea salt

  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

  • 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved

  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves

  • Brush squash with 3 TBSP of oil; sprinkle with salt & pepper. Grill squash for about 6 minutes. On a platter arrange squash, tomatoes, and basil. Drizzle with remaining oil.


    Bon appetit! Recipe taken from Better Homes and Garden Garden Fresh Recipes 2011 magazine.










    No comments:

    Post a Comment