Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Paleo Diet Cookbook


I am anxiously awaiting the mail today, because I ordered this last week – The Paleo Diet Cookbook. It should arrive today. I love cookbooks!

So, when I started this diet last year, I rushed to my nearest Barnes & Noble to see if I could get all the cookbooks on Paleo. Alas, I was disappointed. But, 2011 looks to be promising for those who love to cook and eating Paleo. This one just came out in December 2010…and the Everyday Paleo is coming out in May (HINT TO ROB – MY BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP IN MAY).

Ok…so I realize this particular cookbook has been out a few months. So, if you have it already – GREAT! Let me know how you like it. If you don’t here are a few reasons why I bought it…

1. It is by the doctor who originated the Paleo Diet – Dr. Loren Cordain. This is a follow-up to his original book, with over 150 recipes. Plus, it has updated information based on his continuing research.

2. This is a “hands on, how to” book on how to prepare and cook Paleo. Other cookbooks out there follow a Paleo approach – using debatable non-paleo ingredients like honey, salt, etc. However, this is strict Paleo, not something that has been modified to come close. Dr. Cordain, and his collaborators wanted recipes that are solely for the Paleo lifestyle.

3. I mean no disrespect to bloggers out there (as I am one), but sometimes the recipes out on the blogs are hard to follow, use approximate measures, and are not always tested. I am not saying to stop searching the blogs (especially this one) but I am advocating for a wonderful resource at your finger tips.

CFWH desires to assist you in your quest for a healthy and fit lifestyle. We want to pass along any great finds we see to help encourage and support your efforts at maintaining such a lifestyle. Get yours today and let us know what you think.

Hurry up Mr. Postman…

No comments:

Post a Comment